HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Ok – it may be 6 days late, but I hope everyone reading this (all 2 of you so far!) have had a good start to the New Year. So 2010 and was a crazy year in our house, first off we moved to the good’ole US of A. As stressful as the move was, and all the people I miss, it’s been an amazing adventure. Secondly, we added to the family with a new little kitten.
Also this year, due to my time off, I got to experiment with my baking. From flavors to frostings, and my first ever Red Velvet cakes!
So with the New Year, also come my birthday! I turned another year older, and supposedly wiser, and the one time I didn’t have to make cake.
With New Year comes resolutions, however this year I decide rather than making the same old resolutions (you know the ones we ALL make, I will loose afew pounds, I will studied/work harder etc), I decided to set goals of baking projects for the next year.
So, what can you expect in the next year from me………
1) Macaroons – Since we moved from Paris, this is one treat I have missed. Here in California, they are alittle harder to come by. They are also something I have always wanted to try and create, but have always been scared too. Trial and error.
2) Coca- Cola Cupcakes – For those that follow me on Facebook and Twitter, you’ll know that on my Birthday the Coca-Cola company send me a recipe for cake. Albeit strange, it was clever marketing, and they got their audience. After the response from potential taste testers, I need to try these out.
3) Visit as more cupcake bakeries and events – Last year I attended my first cupcake camp (Cupcake Camp OC) – This year role on Cupcake Camp OC 2011! Plus it is always nice to meet other people who love cupcakes as much as I do.
4) Participate in The Sweetest Kitchen Mystery Box Challenge – I am a avid follower of Jamie Ann’s blog, and each month I have loved the Mystery Box challenge and the creations it brings. So this year – I will be taking up the challenge.
5) BLOG MORE – Over the last few weeks, I have been baking a lot, but have not had the time to blog, so 2011 will be the year of this blog! Watch this space.
Ok, that’s a short list, but it’s a start.